"Special Olympics Healthy Athletes®" is the largest public health program for people with intellectual disabilities worldwide.
Special Olympics events should dispel the fear of doctors by free examination in a pleasant and friendly environment. In addition to the examination itself, useful tools (such as eye glasses, sunglasses or hearing aids) are provided for the athletes free of charge.
- Improved access to health care for athletes during the Special Olympics events and other healthcare facilities
- Recommendation of appropriate health experts
- Education by health professionals, students and others about the needs and the treatment of people with intellectual disabilities
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating information on the situation of health and the needs of people with intellectual disabilities
- Advocating for the improvement of health programs for people with intellectual disabilities
THE INVESTIGATIONS CONCERNING THE "HEALTHY ATHLETES®" PROGRAM INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING AREAS OF HEALTH:
Coordination Healthy Athletes:
Tel: +43 (0) 676 729 00 78